Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Sending Heartfelt Cards

Making cards for my lady friends is always a lot of fun, only when I have to send them far away, it gets a bit more difficult to keep it flat enough for easy mailing, while still keeping it interesting with a layered look. I'm pleased with how these 2 cards turned out!

The first one is done on a cream card base. I added stamping and alcohol ink sprays to the background for interest. On top of that I layered a heart doilie cut out. In retrospect I think it would have been even nicer had I embossed that heart!


The next card started with a white base and the doilie is  a more lacy design. I really like that!


I finished both cards with a handwritten sentiment on the hand cut banner, and a few sequins to add a bit of dimension, without adding bulk.

I used the Heart Doilies cut files


DT - Charne




No comments:

Post a Comment