Monday, February 9, 2015

Love Tree - revisited

Hi!  Evelyn from My Little Craft Blog here with another take on this Love Tree file.
My Design Team sister, Mitsy, beat me to the punch when this adorable freebie came out!  She made a beautiful card, as always, that you can see here.  I went ahead with my idea for a card anyway.  I wanted to make kind of a shaped card, but with only the front shaped.  Here is my card:


I had a lot of fun making this card.  I created it in Silhouette design studio.  First I "assembled" the Love Tree and made an offset.  I welded the tree to a 2.75 x 5.5 inch rectangle, then welded that to a 4.25 x 5.5 inch rectangle.  (See screenshot below.)  The cards open from the top.


Those tiny hearts cut like a charm!  I had zillions left over that, if I were very mean, I could put in the envelope as confetti to make a big mess for the recipient to clean up!  :)  Instead, I saved a few of them and had them float off into the sky.


~  DT Evelyn




2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card :) And I love how you created a card base for the tree to sit on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really good design of card, thanks for sharing not only card with us but also sharing how to make its base. Good post, keep sharing more of it..

    ReplyDelete