Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday tip...



For today's tip I want to talk about eyeballs! lol It seems that no matter who's pattern I am using, I have trouble getting the eyes to cut out right... they just don't seem to match! And I now know from creating my own patterns that it is not in the design part. I believe it has to be the way my Cricut cuts from the SCAL program because when I draw the eyes they match exactly on the screen (and they appear to match on the cutting mat in SCAL as well).

One of my pics shows the problem... I cut those eyes all the same size, just copied and pasted them to get more of them. As you can see I got short ones, fat ones, tall ones, and thin ones! Ugh!
So, my solution: I have found eyes that I like and I cut a bunch of them in a variety of sizes. I keep them in the little container for easy access when I am making my pieces. This also keep me from having to cut eyes each time a do a paper piecing.

They say the 'eyes are the windows to the soul' and it is definitely true that the eyes 'make the face' when you are doing characters. So, if you are having issues cutting matching eyes, then maybe my solution could help. Find a pair of eyes that you like and cut them in a variety of sizes to fit a few sizes of faces.

Happy scrapping!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I love already having eyes cut out because those are the last step to a finished project for me. Thanks for the storage idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who knew??? thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was the only one who's eyes never cut the same size, I feel better,LOL! Love the tip and the storage container idea :)
    ~Barbara

    ReplyDelete