Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Decorating For Fall

I was wanting to make a decorating item, that would work equally well on a corner table and in the dining room for added colour and 'atmosphere' as the evenings get darker and cooler.
Maple leaves and sunflowers seemed an obvious choice!
I cut the leaves using the "Leaves" cut files. I coloured these with inks and water colours to give them more dimension.


I also added some blue feathers (that might have come from a Stellar's Jay), using the 'Feathers' cut files. These I likewise coloured with inks and water colours.



I got the cut files for the little lantern from another site, and the stand and wood from hubby's workshop.

Here is my final piece :





All I now need to do is add the LED tealight and my decor piece is ready! 
I like how versatile cut files are, the sky is -almost- the limit with regards to what one can do with them.

DT- Charne

No comments:

Post a Comment