Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Lots of girls ask me how I do the wavy cut with the scallop edge on my pages. So I thought I would show you how today. I am on the ball this week and even have photos to go along with my instructions! :)
1. First you will cut a strip of paper that will be your border, I usually cut it to fit the space it will go in. For example, if it is a top border for my layout I will cut it to 12 inches, but if it is to border a photo mat I will cut it to 4.25 inches long. (the thickness is up to you)
2. Next I cut a wave pattern on one side of the border strip using the Creative Memories wavy paper trimmer (you could trace a wave pattern with a wavy ruler, or draw your own wave and cut it if you do not have the trimmer)
3. Then I take a one inch strip of coordination cardstock and glue it to the back of the wave pattern. It should stick out enough for you to cut a scallop along the edge.
4. I then follow the wave pattern with my scallop scissors.
5. Now you have a cute wavy border! Little tip: when using this as a border for a photo mat, I always just glue down the edges so the photo can slide nicely underneath.